01 November 2004

A dream:

Mac is the democratic presidential candidate, and it's days before the election. He's travelling on his campaign bus, filled with reporters and friends. I was trying to make my way to the back of the bus where he sat calmly and regally to kiss him on the cheek and tell him he's the sexiest politician alive. Reporters with papers and microphones and shouted questions and got in the way, and when I finally reached him he'd morphed into John Kerry, and I couldn't kiss him because it was bad for publicity. I sat down in a seat several rows away, and a reporter asked me if the campaign was hard on our relationship. I said yes, but that it was a sacrifice we were willing to make, that we had to make, for the world. Then I realized I couldn't marry a man 40 years older than me, even if he is the president, and I woke up.