11 May 2004

Big fan of the new Blogger! I couldn't resist trading in my homemade look for one of the new template's professional chicness. I haven't had many opportunities to Blog in the last month, but I've torn through an entire handwritten journal in record time.

I'm stuck in Vegas for the time being, getting a $1000 transmission put in a car worth barely $2000. I have a childhood friend going to school at UNLV and she has kindly taken me in. It's been funny reaquainting. We haven't spent time together since we shared a benevolent girlhood, and I think there was some nervousness on both our parts over how the other would view our more corrupted selves. We got drunk together one night and shared stories of sex and drugs and our many failings since the days when we had our own babysitters club and talked of how grown up 13 was. We were both relieved to realize a mutual falling from the idealistic, religous, innocence we knew together so many years ago.

Over the last month I've grown tanned and weary of the desert, not to mention fat on camp food that often includes cans of spam and corned beef hash. On the positive side I've had an incredible amount of time to read, write, and reflect. I have a tendency to live my life as though I were writing a letter to somebody about it, or as though I were writing in my journal about it, or even as though I were blogging about it. Maybe someday I'll start living my life in three dimensions.

I'm at an internet cafe, and am going to save my last few quarters to win a new transmission for my car.