30 December 2003

And I'm back. Mac and I joined my family for a delightfully snowy vacation to the quaint western-themed town of Sisters, OR. My cross-country skiing muscles are duly sore and my younger brothers and I had ample time to reaquaint over snowballs and quarrels for the TV remote.

Now we're back in sunny DC. Mac's back at work and I'm enjoying bumhood in the library of congress until I figure out where to go next. I found out over break that the Dean Campaign internships don't provide housing. No pay I can deal with, but finding housing and affording rent on a part time waitressing job is going to be hard to pull off. I haven't got wads of cash to donate, so the least I can do is donate my time. My duty as an American isn't it? The most pressing question is: do I intern someplace sunny and warm, (South Carolina), someplace with plenty of cross country skiing (Burlington) or someplace close to Mac (DC)? Feminism completely fails me when it comes to important decision making.

Follow these holiday drinking tips and have a Happy New Year!